Here are some tips that I’ve gathered throughout my experience that I believe will give you the most success within any and all fitness programs:
- Start Motivation from within. This means that you and you alone decided that you wanted to change your lifestyle. You should want to change your body because you want to live longer and be healthier.
- Surround yourself with a good Environment. If your goals are to slim down and tone your body, it might not be a great idea to hang around people who are mostly sedentary and who consume many calories. Likewise, if you surround yourself with people who are beyond your fitness level, you may become discouraged. Try to find a niche within the fitness world where you can comfortable work out but still feel motivated.
- Try Everything! If you find that one exercise is not for you, try something else! There are so many ways to exercise your body! If you are burnt out on running, try a spin class or swimming.
- Make time, don’t Find time. When starting a new fitness regime, you are making a LIFESTYLE change. This can be likened to a new chapter of your life such as starting a new job, having a child, getting married, etc. If you just “find time” your goals will become unattainable
- Keep Short-term Goals. Always picture yourself at your long-term goal, but remind yourself that you can’t get there without reaching all the steps in between. If you set short-term goals, and see that you are reaching them, you will become motivated to keep it up.
- Tell your friends and family about your goals. By telling your peers, you will receive feedback, reminders, and compliments. This is the best way to see if you are staying on track and reaching goals.
- Go to www.MyInstantFitness.com. Sign up for a free fitness assessment and talk to a fitness professional who will get you on the right track to reach your goals.
Atlanta's #1 Personal Training Company